Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Lisle CUSD 202


Ajax Loading Image


School Social Work Services in District 202

Schiesher School's Social Worker

Jonathan Bradford





What is social/emotional learning and why is it important in schools?  



  • Individual therapy (for all students who are being impacted academically)
  • Group therapy
  • Collaboration with staff
  • Support to parents
  • 3-part grief counseling (Please contact Mr. Bradford if you have had a recent death in the family and you would like your child to participate in some individual counseling).
  • 3-part ADHD* counseling (If your child has recently been diagnosed with ADHD and needs answers, please contact Mrs. Colgan.  I meet with students 3 times to discuss their current diagnosis, what it means, and how they can succeed!
  • Social/Emotional Learning in School
  • Crisis intervention
  • RTI (Response to Intervention) SEL (Social/Emotional Learning) This is assessed 3 times a year by the grade level and SEL team.

*ADHD or any new diagnosis that is new to the students: examples include autism, ocd, severe allergies, etc.

In district #202, we understand that learning and development occurs in all areas including socially and emotionally. There are three social/emotional learning standards (listed below) that we are responsible for developing in all children during their schooling.

Social/Emotional Learning Standards
1. Develop self-awareness & self-management skills to achieve school and life success.
2. Use social-awareness and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships. 
3. Demonstrate decision-making skills and responsible behaviors in personal, school, and community contexts.

Schiesher School is implementing the Second Step Program in each classroom.  You can find more information online by visiting Second Step Program Information or contact your child's homeroom teacher.  

If you have any of the following concerns (please do not feel limited to the list below) about your son or daughter, you may want to reach out to your social worker.    
1.) Doesn't want to come to school  
2.) Struggles from test anxiety 
3.) Recently diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, or something of the like  
4.) Upset often about friends (more than age appropriate)
5.) Anger outbursts that are not age appropriate
6.) Makes poor decisions 
7.) You notice a change in your child (eating habits, disengaged from activities he/she used to enjoy) 
8.) Death in the family 
9.) In need of helpful strategies to utilize at home 
10.) In need of a suggestion for an outside therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or neurologist
11.) I received a letter that my child is going to receive RTI/SEL services.  What does this mean?  Please contact me for more information!

Please contact Mr. Bradford at 630-493-8173.  This is a direct line and confidential.  All interactions with the social worker are confidential.  However, if a person has a plan to hurt someone, hurt themselves,or is being hurt, I must break confidentiality to keep them (and possibly others) safe.          


Useful Resources:

CASEL: Success in Schools
Illinois Association of School Social Workers
School Social Work Association of America
Ups for Downs, Information on Down Syndrome
Bullying Information
NADS-National Association of Down Syndrome
Autism Speaks-Autism Information
Character Counts!
Special Olympics

Domestic Violence Resource
Dr. Allison Answers

If you have questions or needs of any other resouces, please contact me.